We, including you and me, are living in the world full of so much competition, pressure, depression, loneliness, and sadness that we can hardly imagine. So it is natural that a part of our mind tends to carry a tinge of sadness or negative emotion. The following are the ways to happiness. So, let's take a look and see if they work!
• First of all, the attitude is important. That is, you must be mentally ready to strive for happiness as much as possible, irrespective of what is happening in your life daily. So, before going to bed today, take few minutes to reach a resolution that you are going to be happy to the best extent possible from tomorrow onwards and repeat the vow daily. Once it becomes a habit, your mind automatically tunes itself to tread the happier line.
• A hearty smile is the best symptom of a happy mind. It not only makes you feel better but also sets the tone for the rest of the day, as others also will feel welcomed to come and talk to you. So, learn to smile at will.
• An idle mind is devil's workshop. Hence, always make it a point to be in the company of your friends or involve yourself in some activities that keeps you engaged. Don't let your mind wander idle.
• Be happy at what you are, even if you are ambitious. Ambition must be the drive to achieve something, and not a handle for disappointment, especially in case if you are not reaching your targets quickly. Misses and losses can happen in anybody’s life. In such moments when you might be feeling low, take few minutes to write down the things you have or you are proud of and not many others have the luck to own. Once you do that, things will start to calm down and you will start to feel better.
• Always look for the silver lining at the moment of despair. Make it a habit to view the positives over negatives and hope for the best. Heard of the adage ‘hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible’?
To sum it up, in order to be happy, the effort must start right from one's own heart.
So, next morning, when you wake up, make sure there is a broad smile originating on your lips and a strong resolve in your heart to seek happiness. Very soon you'll realize that how substantially this little change of character is going to transform your life!
Source: e-book: http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Tops-Ways-to-Happiness&id=285585