I am excited to listen to your report on Friday since you haven't had one this semester.
As I mentioned before, it is a rare opportunity to ask so many fellow students to watch your show, so cherish each time of presentation especially when we do not have much time spending on it.
Are you ready?
Steps on doing your presentation:
1. Decide which musician you are going to report (Avoid introducing the same musician as the one that the other groups do.
2. Once you decide the musician, find the information either in Chinese or in English and read it. (Do not forget to digest it and use your words to retell the part that you think is important.)
3. Tell some stories about the musician.
4. Give the photos of the musician.
5. Play some music the musician composed. You may introduce the background of the piece of music.
Tips on giving a report:
1. Know the audience’s needs, interests, and hopes.
2. Strike the appropriate tone right from the beginning.
3. Support generalizations with specific and realistic examples.
4. Keep a fast pace.
5. Paint verbal pictures.
6. Stick to plain language.
7. Make meaningful eye contact.
8. Avoid repetitive gestures and expressions.
Each group has only 5 to 7 minutes.