The weather forecaster p_______ted that the temperature would drop by more than 5 degrees.
In movies and cartoons, an a_______n usually appears with a big head, huge eyes and a slender body.
A reward of $10,000 has been offered for the r_______y of the lady's missing cat.
The famous writer has written more than five hundred a_______es for the magazine.
The terrified mother r_______hed into the house and rescued her son from the fire.
The writer of this book has some interesting t_______ies on alien abduction.
For parents, the key to avoiding child a_______tion is to keep a close eye on your children.
There are several spelling e_______rs that need correction.
Some survivors were stuck in the w_______e of the plane, waiting for rescue.
解析: survivor 生還者 stuck 卡住的
I recently read a magazine a_______e about the Bermuda Triangle mystery.
When the cloth was removed, the lady had v_______hed from the magician's box.
解析: remove 移開
The vessel left England and began its way to Norway with a c_______w of sixty.
For those who want to visit on the north c_______t of Taiwan, Yeliu is one of the "must-see" places.
After graduating from college, he joined the U.S. N_______y and spent two years at sea.
Sherry is not used to the cold weather here. She comes from a warm r_______n.
After the plane crashed in the mountains, a search party performed a successful r_______e of all passengers.
People in the d_______r area are in urgent need of medicine and supplies.
解析: in need of 需要 urgent 緊急的 supplies 補給品
Second-hand smoke is a health h_______d. It can cause lung cancer and heart disease.
The day started bright and clear, but in the afternoon there was a violent t_______m.
解析: clear（天氣）晴朗的 violent 猛烈的
China Airlines Flight CI006 to San Francisco is now b_______ding at Gate 9.
Frank moved away because he was often disturbed by the noise from aircraft flying over his a_______t building.
解析: move away 搬走 disturb 打擾，干擾
Christopher Columbus held to the t_______y that the earth was round and that it was possible to sail around it.
This novel is so p_______e. I can guess the ending after reading just the first ten pages.
The plane crash was c_______ed by engine failure.
Tom made a spelling e_______r. He misspelled "bedroom" as "badroom."
Seven a_______t were attacked by enemy fighters while they were on a search mission.
Lack of sleep can c_______e anxiety and memory problems.
The invention of the s_______e made it possible to travel under the sea.
Without a c_______s, a person in the desert might walk around in circles and never find his way out.
The movie is about an invasion of a_______ns from outer space.
The boat is about to sail. All a_______d!
The fishermen r_______ed the stranded baby dolphin and rushed it to a vet.
Beware of falling rocks when you are driving or hiking in mountainous r_______ns.
Speak of the D_______l and he will appear.
It is impossible to make a p_______n of when an earthquake will occur.
The weather in England is u_______e. A sunny morning can turn into an afternoon of pouring rain.
The floor b_______ds of the old house made noises with every step we took.
The magician can make your watch v_______h in front of your eyes and reappear in your pocket.
Insert a roasting thermometer into the meat. If you want it well-done, the r_______g should be at least 76 degrees Celsius.
解析: roasting 烘烤用的 thermometer 溫度計 well-done 全熟的 Celsius 攝氏
With the help of the police, the man r_______red his stolen paintings.
Natural h_______ds such as snakes, crocodiles and quicksand caused a lot of problems on our journey.
No one can f_______e you to go there if you don't want to; it's up to you.
The doctor was a_______ted on his way home. Two strong men forced him into a car and drove away.
It was once believed that the d_______l could enter our bodies when we sneezed.
Taiwan is often affected by natural d_______rs such as typhoons and earthquakes.
A n_______d spaceship could fly to the Mars within two months.
The wind was so high and the sea was so rough that the v_______l pitched violently up and down.
He's going to travel the world on foot? He's _______ (complete) nuts.
解析: on foot 步行 nuts 發瘋的
Environmental pollution has resulted in the _______ (disappear) of some plants and animals.
解析: environmental 環境的 result in 造成
Her private life remained _______ (mystery) until she died.
解析: private 私人的，私下的 remain 維持，依然
People like to make _______ (predict) about the result of the election.
解析: result 結果 election 選舉
Several child _______ (abduct) have taken place in this area and created a great deal of fear.
解析: take place 發生 create 引起，產生 a great deal of 許多的
Everyone in their family, _______ (include) the two sons-in-law, graduated from medical school.
解析: son-in-law 女婿 graduate 畢業 medical school 醫學院
Cell phones at present are all battery-_______ (power).
解析: cell phone 手機 at present 目前 battery 電池
55. 人人都知道飲酒過量有害健康。(It is known...)
ANS: It is known that too much drinking will harm our health.
__________ __________ __________ __________ obesity can lead to many kinds of disease.
ANS: It, is, believed, that
They believe that a religious ceremony like this can _______ the devil _______.
ANS: drive, away
The legend of King Arthur dates _______ _______ back _______ the sixth century.
ANS: as, far, as
Some people believe that the _______ city of Atlantis is in the Bermuda Triangle. _______ say there is no such place.
ANS: lost, Others
At this time of year, the _______ can be very _______.
ANS: weather, unpredictable
He stared at the pretty girl __________ __________ __________ __________.
ANS: with, his, mouth, open
ANS: Some people like this flavor of ice cream, while others think it (is) too sweet.
ANS: Hillary has a lot of chairs in her new house. Some she bought herself, while others were gifts from friends.
During his high school years, he _______ _______ _______ student.
ANS: remained, an, active
_______ _______ _______, this disease is curable.
ANS: In, most, cases
There are many different theories of _______ so _______ ships have vanished.
ANS: why, many
The name "Bermuda Triangle" _______ _______ _______ _______ 1964.
ANS: was, not, used, until
68. 因為下雨，我們不得不取消野餐。(because of)
ANS: Because of the rain, we had no choice but to/couldn't help but cancel the picnic.
The country attacked its neighboring country _______ _______.
ANS: without, warning
All the passengers should _______ _______ _______ at this moment.
ANS: be, on, board
ANS: The fruit in Taiwan tastes much better than that in other countries.
ANS: Jonathan is the only student who passed the exam.
ANS: He didn't find/recover his lost bicycle until last Saturday.
Sue was really angry that her boyfriend didn't _______ up _______ after the movie had started.
ANS: show, until
75. The quarrel between the brothers led _______ a fight.
76. The restaurant is famous _______ its cakes and waffles.
77. The flowers along the trail are adorable. _______ addition, the chirping birds provide a pleasant atmosphere.
78. He flunked the course because _______ his regular absence.
79. The beautiful island is located _______ the coast of southern Taiwan.
80. All the crew _______ board mysteriously disappeared.
81. It's twenty minutes' walk from my home _______ school.
82. Not all scientists accept the new theory _______ the origin of the universe.
83. Anna ran away from her house _______ her backpack in one hand.
84. To the passengers' dissatisfaction, the flight was cancelled _______ proper warning.
No matter what …, … = Whatever …, …
No matter who(whom) …, … = Whoever(Whomever) …, …
No matter which …, … = Whichever …, …
No matter whose …, … = Whosever …, …
No matter when …, … = Whenever …, …
No matter where …, … = Wherever …, …
No matter how …, … = However …, …
No matter why …, … X
1. No matter who may say so, don't believe it.
= Whoever may say so, ….
2. No matter what may happen, I will help you.
= Whatever may happen, …
3. No matter which he may choose, he will be satisfied.
= Whichever he may choose, …
4. No matter whose son is against the regulation, he should be punished.
= Whosever son is against the regulation, …
Whether … or not, ……
1. Whether he may come or not, I won't go.
2. Whether or not you may be a scientist in the future, I don't think she will marry you.
B. Wh-ever (名詞子句)
1. Whoever is against the law will be put in jail.
2. Whatever you have in the house is mine.
3. You may do whatever you like.
4. Whether he will come or not is not important.
首先，正確命名檔案 (Name your file correctly)
e.g. 73619 Annie_Bermuda Triangle
第二，一律用word檔繳交 (Save it as a Word file.)
Name: Chris Chang
Register number: 73642
Class: English Reading(Bermuda Triangle)
Date: May 19
第四，給予完整答案 (Give a full answer.)
1. What flight number was the air traffic controller calling from Fort Lauderdale?
Answer: The air traffic controller was calling FT28 from Fort Lauderdale.
(If you don't care, nobody will care eventually.)
1. article 2.aliens 3. region 4.vanished 5. rescued 6. wreckage 7. vessel 8. submarine 9. error 10. hazard 11. compass 12. theory 13. disaster 14. predictions 15. abducted
II. 1. B 2.D 3. C 4. A 5. C 6. A 7. B 8. D 9. C 10. C
III. C 2. B 3. A 4. A 5. D
1. This area is well-known/ famous for producing the finest/best wine in France.
2. Lack of exercise can lead to / cause health problems.
3. In addition to a crew of twelve, there are two hundred passengers on board/ aboard.
4. The teacher said (that) we had to review the lesson and that he would give us a quiz the next day.
5. Some of the tourists have been to many countries, while others are going abroad for the first time.
V. 1.A 2.B 3.B 4.A 5.D
招策會執行長姚立德表示，明年四技二專的測驗分發有重大變革，國文科首度加考作文，占國文科總分（一百分）的二十四分，作答時間為一百分鐘。 作文的評分為「三等六級」，評比項目為內容、組織、及語言，測驗中心已在網路上公布作文樣卷，考生可上網參考，網址為： http://www.tcte.edu.tw/download/99year/99 WriteExam_tempNEW。 此外，明年四技二專統測還將新增藝術群影視類，專業科目（一）考科為「專業藝術概論《影視》」，專業科目（二）考科為「展演實務《影視製作概論》」。 【人間福報台北訊】
In Bermuda Triangle, we will learn something about the mystery of Bermuda Triangle. I believe that you have something mysterious to share with. So, in the following small talk, the topic is mysterious stories (下下週五). I am looking forward to your stories.
影片作業 (請將答案寄自yuying@slhs.tp.edu.tw )
1. What flight number was the air traffic controller calling from Fort Lauderdale?
2. When did a group of aircraft disappear in the beginning of the film?
3. What did the pilot say to the air traffic controller before it vanished?
4. What is Flight 19? What special is it?
5. How much weight did Flight 19 carry?
6. How was the weather when Flight 19 took off?
7. How many hours did Flight 19 disappear after they took off?
8. When was the naval rescue aircraft sent to rescue Flight 19?
9. How long did the rescue aircraft also disappear?
10. What time did the rescue plane disappear?
11. What did the Coast Guard and Navy find on the sea?
12. How long has the event lasted?
13. Where is the Bermuda Triangle?
14. What square meters does the Bermuda Triangle cover?
14. What year did Columbus sail on the Atlantic Ocean?
15. How many ships and planes vanished in the Bermuda Triangle without any warning?
16. How did people talk about the Bermuda Triangle? Give one of the theories.
17. Who is Richard Winer?
18. What does he do?
19. According to Richard Winer, what do humans know and not know?
20. How is "disappearance" right now?
I. 1. trauma 2. reflection 3. persuade 4. praise 5. strength 6. process 7. criticize 8. realize
9. fulfill 10. regret
II. 1. encouraged, 2. criticisms, 3. persuasive, 4. pursuit, 5. suggestions, 6. reconstruct
III. 1. C 2. B 3. D 4. C 5. A 6. B 7. B 8. C 9. A 10. D
IV. 1. E 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. D
1. During the process of growing up, our parents influence us most.
2. Dad passed along the message to us.
3. I plan to go into business in the future.
4. Extracurricular activities took up too much of my time and it turned out that I failed all my tests.
5. I suggest that you talk to your parents first.
6. Despite his sickness, he still went to school.
1. He has made himself a multi-billionaire by expanding his Virgin™ brand to include everything from air travel to mobile phones and wedding dresses.
2. By setting up a national magazine for students.
3. It means a kind of disease that makes reading difficult.
4. His first business was selling records by mail.
5. It is called Virgin Galactic™ and it hopes to offer tourists trips into space.
6. He said. “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.”