I. 1. trauma 2. reflection 3. persuade 4. praise 5. strength 6. process 7. criticize 8. realize
9. fulfill 10. regret
II. 1. encouraged, 2. criticisms, 3. persuasive, 4. pursuit, 5. suggestions, 6. reconstruct
III. 1. C 2. B 3. D 4. C 5. A 6. B 7. B 8. C 9. A 10. D
IV. 1. E 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. D
1. During the process of growing up, our parents influence us most.
2. Dad passed along the message to us.
3. I plan to go into business in the future.
4. Extracurricular activities took up too much of my time and it turned out that I failed all my tests.
5. I suggest that you talk to your parents first.
6. Despite his sickness, he still went to school.
1. He has made himself a multi-billionaire by expanding his Virgin™ brand to include everything from air travel to mobile phones and wedding dresses.
2. By setting up a national magazine for students.
3. It means a kind of disease that makes reading difficult.
4. His first business was selling records by mail.
5. It is called Virgin Galactic™ and it hopes to offer tourists trips into space.
6. He said. “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.”